Making some simple changes to your daily routine and sleep environment can make a big difference. Here are some tips to help you get a better night's sleep.
1. Stck to a routine, going to bed & waking up about the same time each day.
2. Avoid eating & drinking large amounts before bedtime.
3. Cut out caffeine & smoking.
4. Exercise regularly.
5. Sleep in a slightly cool room using enough blackets to keep warm.
6. Avoid day time naps.
7. Try to keep the house quiet at night.
8. Invest in a comfortable mattress.
9. Try having a warm bath or shower just before bedtime.
10. Do not rely on sleeping pills.
If after following these tips you still have trouble sleepingon a regular basis it is important to contact your doctor as you may be suffering from a sleep related dis-order. Common sleep dis-orders include: insomnia, restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy, snoring, & sleep apnoea. Your doctor will assess your symptoms, sleeping habits, medical history & may take tests before making a diagnosis/suggesting treatment.
HAVE YOUR SAY. Do you have any tips that have helped you or someone you know get to sleep?